BSc (Geology). 1991 ,Hansraj College, Delhi University.
M.Tech.(Geology) 1994,University of Roorkee (Uttar Pradesh)
Ph.D 2000 ,Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad
Postdoctoral Fellow 2001-2002 ,Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad
He was WMO-IAEA post doctoral fellow at Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry, Jena with Willi Brand and Caltech postdoctoral fellow with John Eiler. He worked as an Assistant Professor at Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan during 2006-2007. He joined as an Assistant Professor in the Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Indian Institute of Science in the year 2007 and became a core faculty at the Centre for Earth Sciences in the year 2008, soon after its creation. He is adjunct faculty in other departments which includes Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences and Divecha Centre for Climate Change.
My research interest focuses on reconstruction of seasonality through time using empirical relationships between the proxy records and climate parameters, and application of stable isotope technique to understand environmental processes. Most notable contributions have been the establishment of clumped isotope thermometry, generating standards for mass spectrometric analysis of solids and gaseous CO2 in air mixture, application of isotope based GCM to study Indian Monsoon precipitation.
In addition, I am involved in monitoring environmental changes in coastal marine and adjoining agroecosystems. My recent works focus on investigating temporal and spatial variability of concentration and d13C of atmospheric CO2 over land and oceans, climate reconstruction during the late Holocene, development of high-resolution proxies for deriving rainfall at sub-annual timescales and using stable isotopes in rice grains as proxy for deducing past hydroclimate.
- Himanshu Bhagat
- Chirantan Pramanik
- Yogaraj Banerjee
- Benjamin Richard Fosu
- Shaakir Shabir Dar
- Pousali Pathak
- Siva Naga Venkat Nara
- Rachana Subba
- Sanchita Banerjee
Post Doctoral Fellows
- Dr. Ritika Kaushal
POST DOCTORAL FELLOWS
- Dr. Prasanna K Naidu (Scientist at Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences, Lucknow)
- Dr. Rahul Peethambaran (Joined Utrecht University as Post Doctoral Fellow)
- Dr. Ravi Rangarajan (now Assistant Professor (Research),St. John's Medical College, Bangalore)
- Dr. Ritika Kaushal (now Post Doctoral Fellow at IISc Bangalore)
- Dr. Tania Guha (now Research Associate at IITM, Pune)
- Dr. Harini Santhanam (now Research Associate at Civil Engg. IISc, Bangalore)
- Dr. Josia Jacob
- Dr. Rakesh Singh (now at GSI)
- Dr. K Mohan (now Assistant Professor at VIT University )
- Dr. Sakthivel Kollimalai (now as Research Scientist at Anna University)
- Dr. Mousumi Chatterjee (now at University of Reading, UK)
- Dr. Seema Singh (as Assistant Professor at Panjab University, Chandigarh, India)
- Dr. Mikhail V. Vasiliev
- Dr. Sanjay Kumar
- Dr. Abhishek Saha (now Research Scientist at NIO, Goa)
- Dr. Babita Rani Choudhary
- Dr. Tripti Muguli (now at Indo-French Cell, IISc)
- Dr. Trina Bose (now scientist at BSIP, Lucknow)
- Mr. Surajit Mondal (CAOS)
- Mr. Kathiravan Meeran
- Ms. Ruby Saha
- Mr. Bitopan Gogoi
- Ms. Nayela Zeba
- Benjamin R. Fosu, Prosenjit Ghosh, Divya Mishra, Yogaraj Banerjee, Prasanna K, Amrita Sarkar (2018). "Acid digestion of carbonates using break seal method for clumped isotope analysis". Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/rcm.8304
- Benjamin R. Fosu, Prosenjit Ghosh, David M. Chew and Shrinivas G. Viladkar (2018). "Composition and U—Pb ages of apatite in the Amba Dongar carbonatite–alkaline complex, India". Geological Journal. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/gj.3350
- Prosenjit Ghosh, K. Prasanna, Yogaraj Banerjee, Ian S. Williams, Michael K. Gagan, Atanu Chaudhuri & Satyam Suwas (2018). "Rainfall seasonality on the Indian subcontinent during the Cretaceous greenhouse". Scientific Reports volume 8 Article number: 8482, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-26272-0
- Ritika Kaushal & Prosenjit Ghosh (2018). "Oxygen isotope enrichment in rice (Oryza sativa L.) grain organic matter captures signature of relative humidity" . Plant Science. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plantsci.2018.05.022
- P. Rahul, K. Prasanna, Prosenjit Ghosh, N. Anilkumar & Kei Yoshimura (2018). "Stable isotopes in water vapor and rainwater over Indian sector of Southern Ocean and estimation of fraction of recycled moisture".Nature Scientific Reports. Article number:7552, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-25522-5
- Carme Huguet, Joyanto Routh, Susanne Fietz, Mahjoor Ahmad Lone, M.S.Kalpana, Prosenjit Ghosh, Augusto Mangini, Vikas Kumar and Ravi Rangarajan (2018)."Temperature and Monsoon Tango in a Tropical Stalagmite: Last Glacial-Interglacial Climate Dynamics".Nature Scientific Reports. Article Number: 5386, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-23606-w
- K Prasanna, Prosenjit Ghosh, S K Bhattacharya, P Rahul, Kei Yoshimura and N Anilkumar (2018)."Moisture rainout fraction over the Indian Ocean during austral summer based on 18O/16O ratios of surface sea water, rainwater at latitude range of 10?N-60?S",Scientific Reports.Article number: 7552, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-25522-5
- Sanjoy Kumar and Prosenjit Ghosh (2018)."Sustainable bio-energy potential of perennial energy grass from reclaimed coalmine spoil (marginal sites) of India". Renewable Energy. 123, PP.475–485, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960148118301988
- Ritika Kaushal and Prosenjit Ghosh (2018). "Stable Oxygen and Carbon Isotopic Composition of Rice (Oryza sativa L.) Grains as Recorder of Relative Humidity". Geophysical Research: Biogeosciences, 123,https://doi.org/10.1002/2017JG004245
- Sanjoy Kumar, Ashutosh Kumar Singh and Prosenjit Ghosh (2018)."Distribution of soil organic carbon and glomalin related soil protein in reclaimed coal mine-land chronosequence under tropical condition", Science of The Total Environment ,625, PP. 1341-1350, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.01.061
- Sourav Ganguly, Prosenjit Ghosh, Yogaraj Banerjee, Ashim Nath and Mousumi Chatterjee (2017). "Observations on Habitats for the Growth of Tenualosa ilisha Population in the Hooghly River Estuary, West Bengal, India Revealed From Isotopic Analysis of Ear Bone (Otolith) Carbonate. Fish & Ocean Opj". 5(1), PP.555-654,DOI:10.19080/OFOAJ.2017.05.555654
- Prosenjit Ghosh, Ravi Rangarajan, Kaustubh Thirumalai and Fred Naggs (2017)."Extreme Monsoon Rainfall Signatures Preserved in the Invasive Terrestrial Gastropod Lissachatina fulica". G3 Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems,https://doi.org/10.1002/2017GC007041
- Yogaraj Banerjee, Prosenjit Ghosh, Ravi Bhushan and P.Rahul (2017). "Strong sea forcing and warmer winter during solar minima? 2765 yr BP recorded in the growth bands of Crassostrea sp. from the confluence of river Ganges, Eastern India".Quaternary International, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2017.08.032
- Seema Singh, Prosenjit Ghosh and Yuvika Khanna (2017). "Need for re-apprehension of basin tectono-depositional set-up during initial stage of Himalayan orogeny from pedogenic evidences". Catena, 156, PP. 102112, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.catena.2017.03.027.
- Shaakir Shabir Dar and Prosenjit Ghosh (2017). "Estimates of land and sea moisture contributions to the monsoonal rain over Kolkata, deduced based on isotopic analysis of rainwater". Earth System Dynamics, 10.5194/esd-2016-63
- P. Rahul, Prosenjit Ghosh, S. K. Bhattacharya and Kei Yoshimura (2016), "Controlling factors of rainwater and water vapor isotopes at Bangalore, India: Constraints from observations in 2013 Indian monsoon". PP. 121,13,952, doi.org/10.1002/2016JD025352
- P. Rahul, Prosenjit Ghosh and S. K. Bhattacharya (2016), Rainouts over the Arabian Sea and Western Ghats during moisture advection and recycling explain the isotopic composition of Bangalore summer rains". PP. 121, doi.org/10.1002/2015JD024579
- K. Prasanna, S. K. Bhattacharya, Prosenjit Ghosh, Sasadhar Mahata and Mao-Chang Liang (2016). "Isotopic homogenization and scrambling associated with oxygen isotopic exchange on hot platinum: studies on gas pairs (O2, CO2) and (CO, CO2)". RSC Advances, PP. 51296-51303. doi.org/10.1039/C6RA08286F
- Prosenjit Ghosh, Mikhail V. Vasiliev, Parthasarathi Ghosh, Soumen Sarkar, Sampa Ghosh, Keita Yamada, Yuichiro Ueno, Naohiro Yoshida and Christopher J. Poulsen (2016). "Tracking the migration of the Indian continent using the carbonate clumped isotope technique on Phanerozoic soil carbonates". Journal of Scientific Reports, 6, PP. 22-187 doi.org/10.1038/srep22187
- K. Prasanna, Prosenjit Ghosh, S. K. Bhattacharya, K. Mohan and N. Anilkumar (2016)."Isotopic disequilibrium in Globigerina bulloides and carbon isotope response to productivity increase in Southern Ocean". Journal of Scientific Reports, 62, PP. 1533 doi.org/10.1038/srep21533
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh and Heike Geilmann (2016). "Fingerprinting environmental conditions and related stress using stable isotopic composition of rice (Oryza sativa L.) grain organic matter".Journal of Ecological Indicators,PP. 941–961,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2015.10.050
- Josia Jacob, Prosenjit Ghosh, K. U. Abdul Jaleel, B. R. Smitha, K. R. Abhilash and V. N. Sanjeevan (2016). "Influence of the upwelling events on the ?13C and ?18O of the benthic bivalve shells of the South Western Continental Margin of India". Environ Earth Science,doi.org/10.1007/s12665-015-4954-x
- Tania Guha and Prosenjit Ghosh (2015). "Diurnal and seasonal variation of mixing ratio and ???C of air CO? observed at an urban station Bangalore, India". Environ Sci Pollut Res,22, PP. 1877,https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-014-3530-3
- K. Prasanna, Prosenjit Ghosh and Anil Kumar N (2015). "Stable isotopic signature of Southern Ocean deep water CO2 ventilation. Deep Sea Research Part II". Tropical Studies in Oceanography, 118, PP. 177-185, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr2.2015.04.009
- Mousumi Chatterjee, Prosenjit Ghosh, Leena Ramdas and Ramananda Chakrabarti (2015). "Isotopic and geochemical characterization of invader tilapia fishes from water bodies of West Bengal and Karnataka, India". Environ MonitAssess, 187, PP. 712, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-015-4929-0
- Tania Guha and Prosenjit Ghosh (2014). "Seasonal Pattern in Diurnal Variability of Mixing Ratio and d13C of Air CO2 Observed at an Urban Station Bangalore, India". International Journal of Earth and Atmospheric Science,1, PP. 95-103.
- Tania Guha and Prosenjit Ghosh (2013). "An experimental set-up for carbon isotopic analysis of atmospheric CO2 and an example of ecosystem response during solar eclipse 2010, Journal of Earth System Science, 122(3), PP. 623-638, http://www.ias.ac.in/article/fulltext/jess/122/03/0623-0638
- Ravi Rangarajan, Prosenjit Ghosh and Fred Naggs (2013). "Seasonal variability of rainfall recorded in growth bands of the Giant African Land Snail Lissachatina fulica (Bowdich) from India Chemical Geology,357, PP. 223-230, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chemgeo.2013.08.015
- Naohiro Yoshida, Mikhail Vasilev, Prosenjit Ghosh, Osamu Abe, Keita Yamada and Maki Morimoto (2013). "Precision and long-term stability of clumped-isotope analysis of CO2 using a small-sector isotope ratio mass spectrometer. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom.,27,PP. 207–215, https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.6431
- Prosenjit Ghosh, Ramananda Chakrabarti and S.K. Bhattacharya (2013). "Short- and long-term temporal variations in salinity and the oxygen, carbon and hydrogen isotopic compositions of the Hooghly Estuary water, India" http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chemgeo.2012.10.051
- Josia Jacob, Prosenjit Ghosh, A.P.Dineshbabu, P.Sabu, K.Srinivas and Bindu Sulochanan (2013). "Hydrographical characteristics and oxygen isotopic signatures of water in a coastal environment (Mangalore) along the southeastern Arabian Sea". J Oceanogr, 70, PP. 251-266, doi.org/10.1007/s10872-014-0228-6.
- K.R.Renjith, Manju Mary Joseph, Prosenjit Ghosh, Habeeb Rahman, C.S.Ratheesh Kumar and N.Chandramohanakumar (2012). "Biogeochemical facsimile of the organic matter quality and trophic status of a micro-tidal tropical estuary". Environmental Earth Science, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-012-2159-0
- Ravi Rangarajan and Prosenjit Ghosh (2011). "Tracing the source of bottled water using stable isotope techniques". Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry,25, PP. 3323-3330 https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.5229
- Ravi Rangarajan and Prosenjit Ghosh (2011). "Rainwater Management and Harvesting Strategies for Human Needs: An Indian Perspective". Environmental Science & Technology,45, PP. 9469-9470 https://doi.org/10.1021/es203308p
- Ravi Rangarajan and Prosenjit Ghosh (2011). "Role of water contamination within the GC column of GasBench II Peripheral on the reproducibility of 18O/16O ratios in water samples". Isotopes in Environmental and Health studies, https://doi.org/10.1080/10256016.2011.631007
- Josia Jacob, Prosenjit Ghosh, Balchandran and Rejomon George (2010). "Impact of seasonal oxygen deficiency on the phosphorous geochemistry of surface sediments along the Western Continental Shelf of India". Biogeosciences Discuss., 7, PP. 6089-6119, https://doi.org/10.5194/bgd-7-6089-2010
- Tania Guha and Prosenjit Ghosh (2010). "Diurnal variation of atmospheric CO2 concentration and ?13C in an urban atmosphere during winter role of the Nocturnal Boundary Layer". Journal of Atmospheric Chemistry, PP. 65:112,https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-014-3530-3
- Carmala N. Garzione, Gregory D. Hoke, Julie C. Libarkin, Saunia Withers, Bruce MacFadden, John Eiler, Prosenjit Ghosh and Andreas Mulch (2008). "Rise of the Andes (a review)". Science,320, PP. 1304- 1307,https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org
- Prosenjit Ghosh, John Eiler, Steven E. Campana and Richard F. Feeney (2007)."Calibration of the carbonate clumped isotope paleothermometer for otoliths". Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta,71, PP. 2736-2744,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gca.2007.03.015
- Prosenjit Ghosh , M.R.G. Sayyed, R.Islam and S.M.Hundekar (2006)."Inter-basaltic clay (bole bed) horizons from Deccan Traps of India: Implications for palaeoweathering and palaeo-climate during Deccan volcanism". Palaeogeography,Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology,242,90109, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.palaeo.2006.05.018
- Prosenjit Ghosh, Jess Adkins, Hagit Affek, Brian Balta, Weifu Guo, Edwin Schauble, Dan Schrag and John Eiler (2006). "13C- 18O bonds in carbonate minerals: A new kind of paleothermometer". Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta.70, PP. 1439-1456, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gca.2005.11.014
- Edwin A. Schauble, Prosenjit Ghosh and John M. Eiler (2006). "Preferential formation of 13C-18O bonds in carbonate minerals, estimated using first-principles lattice dynamics".Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta,70(10), PP. 2510-2529. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gca.2006.02.011
- Prosenjit Ghosh, John Eiler and Carmala N. Garzione (2006). "Rapid upliftment of central Andes during Neogene, revealed from ?18O and C13 O18 O16 ratios in palaeosol carbonates". Science,311, PP. 511- 515,
- John Eiler, Carmala Garzione and Prosenjit Ghosh (2006). "Response to Comment on Rapid Uplift of the Altiplano Revealed Through 13C-18O Bonds in Paleosol Carbonates". Science,314,PP. 760-716,https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1133131
- Prosenjit Ghosh , Michael Patecki, Michael Rothe and Willi A. Brand (2005)."Calcite-CO2 Mixed into CO2-free Air: A New CO2-in-Air Stable Isotope Reference Material for the VPDB Scale, Rapid Communication Mass Spectrometry".19, PP. 1097-1119. https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.1886
- Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K.Bhattacharya, Rakesh Mohindra, J.T.Padia and Kanchan Pande (2004)."Late Miocene monsoon and expansion of C4 vegetation; Neogene sediments from Himachal Himalaya". Palaeogeography,Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology,206, PP. 103-114.
- Prosenjit Ghosh and Willi A. Brand (2004). "The effect of N2O on the isotopic composition of air-CO2 samples, Rapid Communication in Mass Spectrometry".18, PP. 1830-1838,https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.1560
- Prosenjit Ghosh , S.K.Bhattacharya, Ashok Sahni, R.K.Kar, D.M.Mohabey and Ambwani (2003)."Dinosaur Dung from Late Cretaceous (Maastrichtian) Lameta Formation of India: Isotopic and other markers for a fluid and solid intake suggesting a C3 plant diet".Cretaceous Research,24, PP. 743-750,https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cretres.2003.08.002
- Prosenjit Ghosh and S.K. Bhattacharya (2003). "Influence of glacial warming on Indian Summer Monsoon, from Stable Isotopes record on carbonates from Goting, Garhwal Himalaya".Current Science,85(1), PP.101-108.
- Prosenjit Ghosh and Willi A. Brand (2003)."Stable Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry in Global Change Research". International Journal of Mass Spectrometry,228,PP. 1-33, https://doi.org/10.1016/S1387-3806(03)00289-6
- S.K.Bhattacharaya, Prosenjit Ghosh and A.Chakrabarti (2002),"Isotopic studies of Talchir sediments from India: signature of freshwater origin".Geological Society of India,60,PP. 677-686, https://doi.org/10.1.1.628.2904
- Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K. Bhattacharya, A.M. Dayal, J.R. Trivedi, M. Ebihara, M.M. Sarin and A. Chakrabarti (2002)."Trace element and isotopic studies of Permo-Carboniferous carbonate nodules: environment from Talchir sediments of peninsular India".Environmental and provenance implications, Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Earth and Planetary Sciences,111(2),PP. 87-101, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02981137
- S.K.Bhattacharya, Prosenjit Ghosh and A.Chakrabarti (2002). "Isotopic analysis of Permo-Carboniferous sediments in India: signatures of glacial melt water lakes".Chemical Geology,188,PP. 261-274, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2541(02)00140-7
- Prosenjit Ghosh , S.K.Bhattacharaya, A.D Shukla, P.N Shukla, N.Bhandari, G.Parthasarathy and A.C Kunwar (2001)."Negative ?13C excursion and anoxia at the Permo-Triassic boundary in the Tethys Sea". Current Science,83(4), PP. 498-502, http://www.ias.ac.in/currsci/aug252002/498.pdf
- Prosenjit Ghosh and S.K.Bhattacharaya (2001)."CO2 levels in the late Palaeozoic and Mesozoic atmosphere from the ?13C values of the pedogenic carbonate and the organic matter".Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology,170,PP. 285-296,https://doi.org/10.1016/S0031-0182(01)00237-1
- Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K.Bhattacharya and A.Chakrabarti (2001)."Stable isotopic studies of algal carbonates from Talchir sediments of East-Central India", Current Science,80(10),PP. 1326-1330, http://www.iisc.ernet.in/currsci/may252001/1326.pdf
- Prosenjit Ghosh and 13 others (1999). "Leonid Shower and recovered objects". Current Science, 76, 619,
Chapter in a Book
- Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K. Bhattacharya and Parthasarathi Ghosh (2005). Atmospheric CO2 during the late Palaeozoic and Mesozoic: Estimates from Indian Soils. In A History of Atmospheric CO2 and its effects on Plants, Animals and Ecosystems, eds. James R Ehleringer, Thure E. Cerling and M. Denise Dearing, Ecological Studies 177, p. 8–34. Springer, New York (ISBN 0-387-22069-0).
- Prosenjit Ghosh and Willi A. Brand (2003). Isotopic Analysis of CO2 in air Samples: Requirements for a new CO2 -in-air Standard and Preparation of an air-CO2 Reference Mixture from Calcite Material. In World Meteorological Organization Global Atmosphere Watch, 12th WMO/IAEA Meeting Of Experts On Carbon Dioxide Concentration and related tracers Measurement Techniques, (Toronto, Canada, 15 – 18 September 2003) hosted by the Meteorological Service of Canada, eds. Doug Worthy and Lin Huang, 50-57. https://library.wmo.int/pmb_ged/wmo-td_1275.pdf.
- Prosenjit Ghosh, S.K. Bhattacharya, Klaus Froehlich (2009). Isotopic Tracers in Climatology, Chapter 8 in Environmental Radionuclides: Tracers and Timers of Terrestrial Processes,Vol.16, ed. Klaus Froehlich, Elsevier (ISBN: 978-0-08-043873-3), 323361.
- Mohan K and Prosenjit Ghosh (2012). Cenozoic climatic record for monsoonal rainfall over the Indian region. Chapter 10 in Modern Climatology, ed Shih-Yu (Simon) Wang, IntechOpen Publisher (ISBN: 978-953-51-0095-9, DOI: 10.5772/2014).
Prosenjit Ghosh (2009). Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences by R. Jeanloz et al. (eds). Current Science, Vol 96 (5) 719-720.
- Dar S & Ghosh P. On Field Investigation of the Kinetic Fractionation Factor in the Isotope Evaporation Model. Goldschimdt Conference 2018, Boston.
- Pathak P, Ghosh P & Sikdar PK . Effect of Seasonal Parameters in the Mobilization Process of Arsenic in Ground water at Nadia ,WB Goldschimdt Conference 2018, Boston.
- Banerjee Y, Ghosh P & Halder K Seasonality Based on Stable Isotopes and Clumped Isotope Records in the Growth Bands of Early Miocene Gastropod (Turitella Sp.) from the Kachchh Basin of Western India. Goldschimdt Conference 2018, Boston.
- Ghosh P, Prakasam M & Mishra D. Enhanced Freshwater Flux Near Oman Coast during Post LGM Revealed Analysing Clumped Isotopes on Globigerina bulloides and Orbulina Universa from ODP Hole 727B. Goldschimdt Conference 2018, Boston.
- Prosenjit Ghosh, Mikhail Vasiliev, Parthasarathi Ghosh, Soumen Sarkar, Keita Yamada and Naohiro Yoshida. Latitudinal position of Indian Plate during Phanerozoic period; revealed based on abundances of 13C-18O bonds in palaeosol carbonates.Goldschmidt Conference, Davos, June 2009, Switzerland.
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh, Yue-Ie Hsing. Assessing the accuracy of relative humidity prediction using an empirical relationship based on rice (Oryza sativa L.). Goldschmidt Meeting 2018, Boston, USA.
- Chirantan Pramanik, Prosenjit Ghosh. Ab Initio study of oxygen isotope fractionation during CO2 production from calcium carbonate and phosphoric acid reaction. Goldschmidt 2017,Paris.
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh, Anil K. Pokharia. “Reconstructing palaeo-hydroclimate using rice (Oryza sativa L.) grains”. Goldschmidt Conference 2017, Paris.
- Fosu B, Ghosh P, Chew D & Viladkar S. Timing and Variation in the Composition of Fluorapatite in the Amba Dongar Carbonatite Alkaline Complex. Goldschmidt Conference 2017. Paris.
- Fosu B, Ghosh P & Viladkar S. On the Isotopic and Thermal Evolution of Amba Dongar Carbonatite Alkaline Complex: New Insights from Carbonate Clumped Isotope Geochemistry. Goldschmidt Conference 2017, Paris.
- Yogaraj Banerjee, Prosenjit Ghosh, Kalyan Halder, N. Malarkodi and Poushali Pathak. Post Cretaceous cooling trend documented in the gastropods (Turritella Sp.) from the Cenozoic startigraphic successions of India. AGU Fall Meeting 2017, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
- Yogaraj Banerjee, Prosenjit Ghosh, Ian S Williams, Sambuhha Misra, Rahul P, A Chaudhuri, Satyam Suwas. Paradise lost for the belemnites: A new Insight using clumped isotopes from cretaceous Trichinopolly, southern India. Goldschimdt Conference 2017, Paris.
- Yogaraj Banerjee, Prosenjit Ghosh, Benjamin Fosu, Srinivas Viladkar. Life Underneath the Deccan Trap: New Insights from Stable C, O and Clumped Isotopes from the Cretaceous Stromatolites Underneath the Amba Dongar Carbonatite Body, Gujarat, Western India. AGU Fall Meeting 2016.
- Ghosh P, Naidu P & Banerjee Y. Clumped Isotope Thermometry on Seasonal Growth Band of Fossil Shell Revealed Occurrences of Winter Time Storm at the Dawn of Cenozoic Era. Goldschimdt Conference 2016, Paris.
- Ghosh P, Naidu P, Banerjee Y, Sarkar A, Fosu B & Meeran K. New Break Seal Method for High Precision Clumped Isotope Analysis of Carbonate Reference Material. Goldschimdt Conference 2016, Paris.
- Mondal S, Chakrabarti R & Ghosh P. Temperature Reconstruction Using (Sr, Mg, Li)/Ca, Li/Mg, Sr/Li, ?44/40Ca, and ?18O Measurements of Seasonal Bands in Porities sp. Coral from Lakshadweep, India 2016. Goldschimdt Conference 2016, Paris.
- Kazi NZ, Ghosh P, Chakravortty D and Garai P.Investigating Relationship between Oxygen level in E.coli Culture chamber and carbon isotopic composition of Headspace CO2; Relevance to early organic evolution. Goldschimdt Conference 2016, Paris.
- Banerjee Y, Dasgupta R, Ghosh P, Chakrabarti R & Hergt J. Evidence of Decarbonation Process in a Skarn Deposit from Matanumadh Formation, Kachchh Basin, India. Goldschimdt Conference 2015, San Francisco. (Talk)
- Bhagat H, Prosenjit Ghosh, Kumar DN. Silicate or Carbonate Weathering: Fingerprinting Sources of Dissolved Inorganic Carbon using ?13C in a Tropical River, Southern India selected for American Geophysical Union (AGU) 2015, San Francisco, USA.
- Bhagat H, Prosenjit Ghosh. Seasonal Variation of Silicate and Carbonate Weathering in a Tropical River, Southern India abstract was selected at the Goldschmidt 2015 conference held from 16th - 21st August 2015, at the Prague Convention Centre, Prague, Czech Republic, EU.
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh. Stable isotope composition of rice grain organic matter: an indicator of growing season stress. Goldschmidt Conference 2015, Prague.
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh. Fingerprint of seasonal relative humidity in rice (Oryza sativa L.): potential for paleoclimate archive. AGU Fall Meeting 2015, San Francisco.
- December, 2014 and delivered a Poster Presentation titled Silicate Weathering and Its Controls on a Key GHG: Atmospheric CO2.
- Maastrichtian Period at 30S Latitude Deduced Clumped Isotope Analyses in Mollusc Growth Band, Goldschimdt Conference 2014,Sacramento,California,USA.
- Banerjee Y and Ghosh P. Seasonality and Strong Winter Monsoon during High pCO2 Condition of Early Eocene Based on Clumped Isotope in Mollusc Growth Bands, Goldschimdt Conference 2014, Sacramento,California,USA.
- Naidu PK & Ghosh P, Mollusc Clumped Isotope Thermometry Using a New Approach, Goldschimdt Conference 2013, Florence, Italy
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh, Anil K. Pokharia. “Reconstruction of climate using stable oxygen isotope composition of rice organics”. 12th ISMAS Triennial International Conference on Mass Spectrometry, Goa, India, 3rd – 8th March, 2013.
- Yogaraj Banerjee, Ramananda Chakrabarti, Prosenjit Ghosh. Clumped isotope thermometry in Belemnite shells from the Early Cretaceous Karai Shale Formation, Trichinopoly, India, Goldschimdt Conference 2013,Florence,Italy.
- Yogaraj Banerjee, Prosenjit Ghosh, Sanatanu Misra. Grain size dependency in clumped isotope ratios in high temperature calcites, AGU Fall Meeting 2013, San Francisco, California.
- Pramanik C, Ghosh P. Source of Methane on Martian Surface, indicators of life(2013) Intra department poster presentation (CAOS,IISc).
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh. “Determination of fractionation of oxygen isotopes between rice grain and environmental water”. AGU Fall Meeting 2013, San Francisco, California. (Poster presentation).
- Ramananda Chakrabarti, Gourab Karak, Yogaraj Banerjee and Prosenjit Ghosh.An isotopic investigation of the interplay of the lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere and biosphere during Phanerozoic, AGU 2012, San Francisco, USA.
- Prasanna K Naidu, Prosenjit Ghosh. Anil Kumar N. Biogeochemical response of Southern Ocean due to melting of Antarctic glaciers, AGU Fall Meeting 2012, San Francisco, USA.
- Tania Guha and Prosenjit Ghosh. Indian Monsoon controlling the effect of anthropogenic emission on the seasonal variation of air-CO2 over Bangalore, India, AGU Fall Meeting 2012, San Francisco, USA.
- Peethambaran Rahul and Prosenjit Ghosh. Role Of Wind And Sea Surface Temperature Over Moisture Source Region In Determining The Stable Isotopic Ratios In Rainwater, AGU Fall Meeting 2012, San Francisco, USA.
- Habeeb Rahman, Prasanna K Naidu, Prosenjit Ghosh. Record of seasonal body fluid composition in Black Clam (Bivalve) using clumped isotope thermometric approach, AGU Fall Meeting 2012, San Francisco, USA.
- Ritika Kaushal, Prosenjit Ghosh, Willi A. Brand, Heike Geilmann. Rainfall induced isotope effects in rice ( Oryza Sativa L.) grain organics: A palaeo perspective. Goldschmidt Conference, 2012.(Oral Presentation).
- Ravi Rangarajan, Prosenjit Ghosh. Reconstruction of the Indian Summer Monsoon at weekly to sub-weekly resolution using terrestrial Giant African Snail Lissachatina fulica from northern India. Goldschmidt Conference, Montreal, 2012.
- Ravi Rangarajan, Routh J, Ghosh P. Mangini A, Fohlmeister J, Baskar S, Baskar R, Holzkamper S. Variation in contribution of Bay of Bengal moisture source derived from stable isotopic composition of cave carbonates in Meghalaya, India. Goldschmidt 2011, Prague, Czechoslovakia. Mineralogical Magazine 201175/31693.
- Ravi Rangarajan, Routh J, Prosenjit Ghosh. Mangini A, Fohlmeister J, Baskar S, Baskar R, Holzkamper S , Reconstruction of the Indian monsoon: Understanding the Little Ice Age (LIA) and the 9. Medieval Warm Period (MWP) using speleothem archives from Meghalaya, NE India. Monsoon Variability Workshop, India, 2011.
- Josia Jacob and Prosenjit Ghosh. ?13C in the benthic bivalve shells as indicators of sedimentary organic carbon accumulation – A case study from the Western Continental Shelf of India, Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 13, EGU2011-420, 2011 EGU General Assembly 2011.
- Rahul Peethambaran and Prosenjit Ghosh. Pattern in isotopic ratio of Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall (ISMR) 2010 capturing the origin of moisture source; a case study from Southern India, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 13, EGU2011-679-2, 2011 EGU General Assembly 2011.
- Prasanna Kannan and Prosenjit Ghosh. Revisiting calibration of CO2 based Clumped isotope thermometry -equilibration approach, Geophysical Research Abstracts. Vol. 13, EGU 2011-663, 2011 EGU General Assembly 2011.
- Bhagat H, Prosenjit Ghosh Delivered a Speed Talk and a Poster Presentation on the abstract titled Leopards in Human Dominated landscapes, Dehradun: A Case Study organized by Young Ecologist Talk and Interact (YETI), at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 5th - 7th October 2010.
- Ian S. Williams, M. Aubert, K. Boljkovac, M. Gagan, P. Ghosh, R. Grun, T. Kelly and J. Trotter, Beijing, October 2010. The expanding application of SHRIMP II to oxygen isotopic analysis, SHRIMP Workshop.
- Tania Guha, G. S Bhat, Prosenjit Ghosh. Subsidence of continental air in marine atmosphere and uptake of CO2 in Bay of Bengal water recorded during Southwest monsoon of 2009. AGU Fall Meeting 2012, Montreal.
- Vasiliey M, Ghosh P, Sarkar S, Yamada K and Yoshida N.Latitudinal Position of Indian Plate during Phanerozoic Period; Revealed Based on Abundances of 13C-18O Bonds in Palaeosol Carbonates. Goldschimdt Conference 2009.
- Ravi Rangarajan and Prosenjit Ghosh. Stable oxygen isotopic variations in modern Achatina land snail shells from Southern India and their relation to rainwater isotopic composition.Goldschimdt Conference 2009.
- Bhabha Atomic Research Center
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
- National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research
- Royal Dutch Shell